The Colony HQ Rules:
The Colony HQ is a premium business club, meeting and events space for members and their guests to meet and work for business purposes, in a professional environment.
At The Colony HQ, our aim is to make our members and their businesses more successful. As such, these rules are designed to ensure that each member and their guests receive fair use of the facilities along with the best possible experience.
- Fair use policy: Members are welcome to come and go as many times as required during the day, and as allowed by their membership type, but should not occupy or use any communal areas for more than 4 hours as an average, on any one day (not applicable for Business Plus Members.)
- Please do not reserve chairs, desks or tables by leaving coats or any other belongings unattended for more than 30 minutes. We have a range of storage lockers available should you wish to store items at The Colony HQ.
- Members and their guests are requested to adhere to a business dress code or smart casual.
- All guests must register at the Front Desk upon arrival and be with you at all times. Guests are to be with you for the purpose of a meeting and are not permitted to occupy an individual desk or table or remain at The Colony HQ if you are not present.
- Unless using a meeting room, members are entitled to bring up to 2 guests into The Colony HQ at any one time. For any guests in addition to this, a guest pass must be purchased for each guest at the Front Desk.
- The Flexible Meeting Area is designed for meetings of up to 4 people. For meetings of more than 4 people, a meeting room must be booked.
- Occupancy of The Colony HQ is likely to fluctuate from time to time. At peak times, seating areas should be shared where possible.
- The Colony HQ is a shared space. Members and their guests must act respectfully and courteously towards other members and guests, and in a manner which will not disturb or impact others.
- All meeting rooms are to be booked and paid for in advance on booking, vacated promptly and left clean and tidy. Should additional time be required, this will be subject to availability and at an additional charge. The capacity indicated for each room should not be exceeded.
- Food can be purchased from the kitchen and meeting room catering can be ordered up to 10.30am on the day and must be paid for in advance on booking. No other food is permitted to be consumed in The Colony HQ.
- Any breach of The HQ Rules or Terms & Conditions may prevent future access and use of The Colony HQ.
- These Rules are to be read in conjunction with our Terms & Conditions.
- The Colony HQ reserves the right to amend these Rules at any time.
These Terms and Conditions apply to the provision of (Services) provided by The HQ to its Members.
The HQ is the trading name of:
The Colony HQ Limited, Altrincham Road, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 4LY
Company No. 09495001
The HQ is owned and operated by The Colony Group
- Members agree to be bound by The Colony HQ Club Rules and The Colony HQ Terms & Conditions.
- Members must ensure that their guests also adhere to The Colony HQ Club Rules and Terms & Conditions and each member is responsible for the actions of any guest brought in to The Colony HQ.
- Members must pay their membership fees and any additional charges, fees or costs as they fall due or access to The Colony HQ may be prevented and their membership suspended until such time as all debts have been paid or terminated as set out in these terms and conditions.
- Membership fees and any other fees are payable in advance and may be subject to change. All fees are quoted exclusive of VAT which will be levied at the appropriate rate.
- The Colony HQ operates a minimum 12 month membership contract and membership fees are invoiced monthly in advance. A full months membership fees are due immediately on application and prior to the contract commencing by way of deposit.
- Should a member wish to cancel their membership during the initial 12 month term then the remaining balance of the initial 12 month fees will be due plus any required notice period as set out in these terms.
- Following the initial 12 month contract, memberships will continue on a rolling monthly contract subject to the terms and conditions in place as at that time (these are available on The Colony HQ’s website) until such time as either party serves the required notice, being a minimum of one calendar month. Notice must be given by email to email@example.com and notice will only be accepted if all fees and any additional charges due are paid in full and up to date. A final invoice will be issued for any remaining days not already covered by a previous invoice and where applicable, this will be settled from the initial deposit fees paid and any remaining balance returned to the Member (subject to all terms and conditions having been complied with by the Member).
- The virtual offices operate on a rolling monthly contract from the 1st of each month. Fees are invoiced monthly and a minimum of one full month’s fees are due on application before the contract can commence (if starting mid month then a full month plus the pro rata days for the part month will be due). A minimum of one months notice is required to terminate the virtual office contract and notice must commence from the start of a calendar month. If notice is given mid-month, this will commence from the 1st of the month following. Notice must be given by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting room bookings must be paid for in advance immediately on booking, and are non-refundable unless a minimum of 48 hours notice is given. Notice must be given by email to email@example.com.
NOTE: Refunds may not be available for any additional services provided via third parties or suppliers such as catering or additional AV requirements which have been booked and confirmed in advance.
- Event bookings are applicable to their own T&Cs which are detailed in a separate event contract.
- Provisional bookings may be held where possible for up to 24 hours if the meeting is within 5 working days from the date of enquiry, or for 48 hours where the meeting or event is more than 5 working days from the date of enquiry however this is not guaranteed and should not be relied upon. No booking is confirmed until paid for in full.
- Members must not use The Colony HQ for more days than allowed by their membership type. In such cases, the membership type should be upgraded. Failure to do so may result in access to The Colony HQ being prevented plus any additional charges for days used outside of your plan will become due at our standard day rate as at that time.
- Members and their guests must not bring in to The Colony HQ or consume any food, drink or other catering purchased externally. Refreshments and a range of snacks along with breakfast and lunches are available at an additional charge.
- Members are required to adhere to a business dress code or smart casual.
- Membership is strictly non-transferable, assignable or to be used by any other person. Photo identification is required for security purposes.
- The Colony HQ reserves the right to refuse entry to any member who fails to pay their membership fees or any additional charges in full and on time until such time as all debts have been paid. Where fees remain unpaid after 7 days the Colony HQ reserves the right to terminate the contract at any time and with immediate effect. The remaining balance of the initial 12 month fees plus any fees outstanding at that time will become immediately due and the Colony HQ reserves the right to take legal action to recover all fees and any additional charges due.
- The Colony HQ is designed as an alternative to an office and as a flexible meeting space where members can meet and work for business purposes. It is not a ‘club’, ‘co-working’ or ‘serviced office’ space. Members are not permitted to work from The Colony HQ on an extended, permanent or full-time basis.
- Unless a Business Plus Membership has been purchased, Members must not publish the name, address, telephone, or fax number of The Colony HQ premises on any of their business communications such as their website, email signature, letterheads, business cards, or any other publication. Where a Business Plus Membership has been purchased this is for the purposes of a ‘Trading Address’ only and must not be used as a ‘Registered Office’.
- Any invoices, costs or charges incurred whilst using The Colony HQ and which are not covered by the membership fees must be paid in full before leaving the premises. Any queries regarding such additional bills, costs or charges must be made before the member leaves the premises.
- All invoices must be paid by the required due date and as set out in these terms and conditions. Where a debt remains outstanding after a total of 28 days, the Colony HQ may claim interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act.
- The Colony HQ reserves the right to exclude any member or guest and ask them to leave at our sole discretion and without explanation, with no entitlement to the refund of any fees previously paid.
- The Colony HQ aims to provide a high level of service to its members and their guests but accepts no liability for any temporary or permanent breakdown in the ability to provide this service.
- Any additional services which are offered are done so, subject to availability.
- Wireless internet connection is provided for the benefit of members and their guests and should be used in accordance with all United Kingdom laws, statutes and regulations. Use of the internet connection must not therefore violate any law, be defamatory, offensive, abusive indecent, obscene, be harmful in anyway, promote or encourage any unacceptable or illegal behaviour, have any fraudulent purpose or effect, result in any misrepresentation, or damage the integrity, reputation, brand or name of The Colony HQ in any way. Any passwords required for the use of the internet connection must not be divulged to any other party.
- Members and their guest must not remove or damage any property, fixtures or fittings belonging to The Colony HQ or any property belonging to any other member, user or their guest. The Colony HQ reserves the right to claim costs and damages in full from the member for any such removal or damage incurred.
- The Colony HQ is a shared space. Members and their guests must act respectfully and courteously towards other members and guests, and in a manner which will not disturb or affect others in their enjoyment of the premises or facilities. In such circumstances, the member will be asked to leave the premises, and membership may be cancelled with no refund given.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited, this includes e-cigarettes. Any member or their guest found to be under the influence of drugs or intoxicated will be asked to leave the premises and their memberships will be cancelled and no refund given.
- Opening and closing hours: The Colony HQ business hours are 8.00 – 18.00 Monday – Friday, or 8.00 – 19:00 Monday – Friday by prior arrangement with a minimum 24 hours notice. The Colony HQ is closed on public holidays and for the period between 26th December and 31st December inclusive. These days and times can be extended for private hire with prior arrangement.
- If due to circumstances beyond our control, we have to make any change in the Services or how they are provided, we will notify you immediately. We will use reasonable endeavours to keep any such changes to a minimum.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, The Colony HQ may end this Agreement and a Member’s membership immediately by giving the member notice and without need to follow any additional procedure if (a) the Member becomes insolvent, bankrupt, goes into liquidation or becomes unable to pay its debts as they fall due, or (b) the Member is in breach of one of its obligations which cannot be put right.
- No animals are allowed on the premises, with the exception of registered assistance animals.
- Members and their guests must not make any direct or indirect approach to any of our staff for the purposes of recruitment or employment. Any such approach is a breach of these terms and conditions and may lead to the cancellation of a membership with no refund in whole or part.
- The Colony HQ, its representatives, sub-contractors or suppliers accepts no liability for death or personal injury caused to a member, user or their guest.
- The Colony HQ, its representatives, sub-contractors or suppliers shall not be liable for any damage, loss, or theft of any member or their guests’ personal belongings whilst on the premises.
- The HQ or its employees will not be held liable (whether caused by our employees, agents, representatives, sub-contractors or suppliers) and the HQ accepts no liability for:
- Death, or personal injury caused to a member, user or their guest.
- Any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, or expenses or;
- Any loss of profits; loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of data; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or any third party claims; or
- Any failure to perform any of our obligations if such a failure or delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; or
- Any loses caused directly or indirectly by any failure or your breach in relation to your obligations; or any losses arising; or
- Any losses arising directly or indirectly from the choice of Services and how they will meet your requirements or your use of Services or any goods supplied in connection with the Services.
- Should The Colony HQ be found liable for any negligence in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty, liability shall be limited to an amount equal to the annual membership fees paid by the member or user in any membership year, prior to any liability arising.
- Members must not carry on a business that competes with The Colony HQ’s business of providing a business members club, lounge, meetings space or any of its ancillary services.
- Members may only carry on that business in its name or some other name that The Colony HQ previously agrees.
- Our fees and charges may be subject to change without prior notice.
- The HQ is the trading name of The Colony HQ Limited, Altrincham Road, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 4LY Company No. 09495001 The HQ is owned and operated by The Colony Group.
- The Colony HQ reserves the right to amend the HQ Rules and Terms & Conditions at any time.